Maple Canadian Manhattan
1 tsp Maple Syrup
2—3 dashes Orange Bitters
1 oz Sweet Vermouth
2 oz Rye Whiskey
Garnish with orange peel
- Smoke your glass on maple wood, letting the glass sit for a least 30 seconds.
- In a glass beaker, add the above ingredients before adding ice.
- Stir the cocktail ingredients and ice for at least 20 rotations.
- Once combined, strain cocktail into your smoked glass.
- With an orange peel, rub the rim of the glass. Then twist the orange and place on rim as garnish.
How to Smoke Your Glass
- Use a Butane Culinary grade torch to light the surface of your choice of wood on fire for 5-10 seconds.
- Cover the flame with a cocktail glass.
- Turn off the torch. Let the glass sit for at least 30 seconds to ensure full saturation of smoke.
- Fill glass with cocktail, add Ice, garnish and serve.
Warning: Torch will be hot. Please exercise caution and place on non-flammable surface after use.